Saturday 3 September 2011

Final Inspection!

On the 2nd September, I had my finial inspection.
My SS showed us through and spent lots of time as mum and I went through.
He was very understanding as I nit-picked any blemish on the paint.
My advice - two coats of paint is not enough!

Before the painter started I met him and asked if I needed more than two coats. His advice was that he does a good job and it covers well.
I say again - two coats of paint is not enough!

If I had of had 3 coats there would have only been one or two things my SS would have to fix.
99% was paint issues.

Other than paint there was an oil stain on the driveway, a few doors that needed adjusting, a light that had blown, and some tiles that need to be added. 

But enough talk; time for photos!

Front view

Lounge

Kitchen/Dining Room

Sliding door

Bathroom

Lounge again

Side yard

Back yard
The yard had been scraped and leveled but it is going to take a lot of raking with steel rakes.
I may nee top soil in the future if I can afford it. 
At least it is ready for the side fences.


I am creating a list of positives and negatives
(well, not really negatives but things I wish I had know or done differently).
Stay turned. I wanted to finish the hand over before putting it on blog.

My handover date is 14th September!
The only thing still missing is the stove and outside lights.
The SS said they don't like putting them in until the day of handover because people steal them.

I also meet my neighbour across the road. She is lovely! 

It is getting exciting!
OMG!

 Now I just need window coverings.
Come on Spotlight have an amazing sale on blinds this week please!


No comments:

Post a Comment