Sunday 18 September 2011

Keys!

It's been a very, very long weekend. So much has happened and I have aches and pains to show for it.

Yes! Hand over is complete!

I'm so tired so I will just give a quick recount. I promise to write more later (after I recover).

Friday, at 9 am, I went to the bank and picked up the final cheque.

By 9.45am, I was at my house doing the last inspection before handing over the cheque and receiving the keys. I had to ask for this inspection. Simonds just wanted me to go to the offices and hand over the cheque by I insisted I wanted to inspect the work had been complete from my final inspections. Every thing was completed, thank goodness. I don't know what I was going to do if it wasn't. With all my belongings packed, I was ready to move.

By 10am I was at Simonds handing over the cheque and signing the last of the documents. I received lots and lots of keys (20 copies for the windows, 4 for the sliding doors, 4 for the main doors, 3 remotes for garage).

By 10.30am I was dropping off the first load from my car. 4 trips later I still haven't finished but most of my stuff is here and more than half unpacked.

I'm sore, tired and sore. A long weekend but I'm so happy. (I'll write more in a few days - Tired!).

No comments:

Post a Comment